It’s all about simple, quick dinners this week. Beardy has abandoned me for a week on a business trip, so I’m cooking for one and really can’t be bothered with anything that’s going to take longer than about 10 minutes…and yes! Shocker! I actually remembered to take a photo!!!
After Beardy, Bear and Boo, Cheese is my next big love (if you’re a follower you’ll know this already), then comes Mushrooms, so what better than a plate of Cheesy Mushrooms on Toast! Not very interesting you might think, but don’t knock it ’til you’ve tried it.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy. No measurements, no messing, no mucking – just chucking! Hmmm, might make that my new motto.
- Pack of mushrooms (I like to break them up with my fingers rather than cut with a knife as like mouthfuls of rustic chunkiness)
- Handful of cheddar cheese
- Couple of slices of brie (I had this left over so chucked it in)
- Half a ball of mozzarella, torn up
- Half a teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
- Lots of black pepper
Basically, fry off the mushrooms in a bit of butter for a few minutes and then chuck everything else in until you have a big gooey cheesy mess of loveliness (did I mention I love cheese?), pop on top of your toast/bagel/muffin and enjoy! Job done. Yummy in my Tummy.
(also yum with some blue cheese in place of the mustard).