Mmmmmmmm…..this is possibly the yummiest thing I have ever cooked in my entire life!
I cooked enough for 2 but Beardy was out so I kept going back to get more until there was only one bean left, then I felt sorry for it and ate that too! Ummmm, I know, naughty me, but I couldn’t help it – it called to me, and it’s rude to ignore. I didn’t even feel guilty, I would have done if I’d left it there all alone with no-one to talk to though, so I figure I did the right thing.
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 1/2 – 3/4 ltr Chicken Stock
- 1/2 White Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove of Garlic (crushed)
- Large handful of grated Parmesan
- Half a Chorizo Sausage (halved and sliced)
- 1 cup frozen Broad Beans
- 1 tbsp Double Cream
- Salt and Pepper
- Knob of butter
- Melt the knob of butter in a saucepan big enough to hold the whole risotto and chuck in the onion, garlic and rice and stir until the rice looks a bit translucent.
- Pour in the Chicken stock ladle by ladle and intermittently stir vigorously until you’ve used about half of it. The rice should soak up all the stock and you should have a creamy pudding rice consistency.
- Put in half the Parmesan and all the Chorizo and continue to add in the stock, stirring the whole time.
- After about 10 minutes of stirring add in the remainder of the stock along with the Broad Beans and remainder of Parmesan and cover to simmer for a few minutes, checking the whole time to make sure the rice doesn’t stick. If it does, just add a bit more boiling water.
- When the rice is done, pour in the Double Cream and allow to heat through, adding Salt and Pepper to taste (I like lots of Pepper!)
- Sprinkle with a dusting of Parmesan, if you fancy…and I do.
- All done.
This should take about 20-25 minutes to cook in total and although is not particularly healthy, is SUPER YUM!