I’m a bit of a erratic reader, if I’m in the mood, I’ll get through a good few books in a couple of months or I’ll go for months without reading one! I always see people asking for recommendations around holiday time and although some of these are not a ‘light, fun, holiday read’ I would recommend them nonetheless (give them more than 3/5).
Although these are in no particular order, Wonder is way up there and is the one book that affected me most by rendering me a blubbering wreck on the train on the way home from work (packed train at 5.30pm – not too embarrassing!)
I’m very much an ‘if a book doesn’t keep me interested by the end of the first chapter I’ll give up’ kinda person, I haven’t got time to waste on books which don’t grip me.
No doubt I’ll be adding to this list as and when I find more books I can recommend. I’m reading Birdman at the moment, by Mo Hayder, it’s started well, I’m through the first chapter and still going so looks like I’ll finish this one!
- Wonder – R. J. Palacio
- A million little pieces – James Frey
- A prayer for Owen Meany – John Irving
- Yes Man – Danny Wallace
- The Bear went over the Mountain – William Kotzwinkle
- Golden Boy – Abigail Tarttelin
- My Friend Leonard – James Frey
- Jim Giraffe – Daren King
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime – Mark Haddon
- The Rosie Project – Graeme Simsion
- There’s a Boy in the Girls Bathroom – Louis Sachar
- The Julian Chapter (A Wonder Story) – R. J. Palacio
- The Art of Fielding –
- That Bear Ate my Pants –